Happy World Password Day!
| Time to read: 7 minutes
Every year on the first Thursday of May, the world celebrates World Password Day. If your password is password or 123456, please stop right here. You have much more important things to do!
As an Every8.Cloud user, you manage essential business processes, sensitive data, and critical workflows through the platform. Maintaining strong, unique passwords for your account is crucial to prevent unauthorized access, safeguard your data, and ensure the platform's overall security. If you are reading this, then you are probably even more involved in the management of your Every8.Cloud enterprise account. If this is the case, you should not only be concerned about the complexity of your password but also the passwords of all other users with access to the account.
A secure password acts as the first line of defense against potential cyber threats, protecting not only your account but also your organization's reputation and integrity.
Returning to our account, do you know how many users have admin rights to access your account?
Any of them can harm your data from a thousand miles away and being connected to the internet. Please do not underestimate this fact. Please keep their number as low as possible.
Go to the Implementation layer >> Statistics to quickly check the list of admin users.
Have you considered enabling Two-factor authentication for your account?
You can also configure the Automatic alerts feature to ensure your account always functions properly.
Best Practices for Password Management for Every8.Cloud Users
- Create strong passwords: Use a combination of upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters to create complex passwords. Aim for a minimum of 12-15 characters in length.
- Avoid using personal information: Refrain from using easily identifiable information such as your name, birthdate, or pet's name in your passwords.
- Use unique passwords for each account: Avoid reusing passwords across multiple accounts, as this can make it easier for cybercriminals to gain access to all your accounts if they crack one password.
- Update passwords regularly: Change your passwords every 6 months to minimize the risk of unauthorized access.
- Enable two-factor authentication (2FA): Whenever possible, use 2FA to add an extra layer of security to your accounts.
- Educate and raise awareness: Share the importance of password security with friends, family, and colleagues. Encourage them to adopt better password habits and celebrate World Password Day together.
By following best practices for password management and raising awareness, you can help make your Every8.Cloud experience safer and more secure for your entire organization.